June 27, 2006

Thailand - Still in Ko Samui

I'm just killing time, waiting for my plane to Kunming, China. I leave on June 29th. Ko Samui is quite touristy. I was going to head back to Kho Phan Yang (which is more backpackery), but laziness set in after I spent a few hours trying to get a good deal on my flight and also trying to fix ZMama's ipod (it's officially dead).

There are many package tourists here (mostly English or German), so the place is very expensive. I'm disappointed with the food since it is "thai" that is geared towards the European Palate. I asked for "extra spicy" yesterday and I still had to add chillis. Do that in a normal Thai restaurant and you'll be feeling the after-effects for days.

Books I've read so far on this trip:

Valhalla (Clive Cussler)
Seven Years in Tibet (Heinrich Harrer)
Annapurna (Maurice Herzog)
The Glass Palace (Amitav Ghosh)
Burmese Days (George Orwell)
The Tipping Point (Malcolm Gladwell)

I am currently reading A Fine Balance (Rohinton Mistry).

My plan for today:

Get some food
Lie on the beach
Get a haircut
Watch the football matches (Go Brasil!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home