June 24, 2006

Thailand - The islands

I decided to take a break from the backpacker life and headed down to the islands in the south of Thailand, via Bangkok. Since my flight from Bangkok to Samui was at 6am, it seemed like a good idea to stay up all night and party with a few friends from school. The Giant South Asian (who I had arranged to meet in Bangkok) also thought it a good idea. We hit Bed Supperclub and then another fancy late-night place before heading to the airport. Let's just say that we were feeling it after a flight, then a ferry, then a taxi, then another boat ride. However, I ended up in Kho Phan Yang in one piece and spent a few blissful days in a secluded bungalow right on the beach. The hardest part of my day was deciding what to eat for lunch.

I am now in Kho Samui, which is pretty touristy. Lots of European package tourists roasting on the beach. I made up for it by sharing a bbq'ed fresh white snapper and bbq'ed fresh red snapper with some friends from Wharton. Good times. The weather is beautiful, the sand is white, and the water is a wonderful shade of turquoise (I'm told).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home