June 20, 2006

Back in Yangon

After a short 1 hr flight from Inle Lake, I arrived in Yangon. Much better than 22 hrs on a cramped bus! The flight was rather amusing, as there were only 6 people on the plane. I was served a rather disgusting "Seafood Pizza." I took one bite and opted to wait for food until after we had landed.

The first place I headed was the Biryani joint. The mutton biryani was delicious. I'm planning to have roast duck tonight.

After having seen a lot more the country, I'm even less impressed with Yangon. The people here are unsmiling, unfriendly, and uninterested.

I'm off to Bangkok tomorrow and will then decide on my next destination.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man..
i'm reliving burma through your tales. Keep it up and come entertain me in shanghai. Bring food.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home