July 20, 2006

Why I'm looking forward to going home

I've always found the last 2 weeks of travel to be the hardest since that's when the mind starts to prepare for going home.

With only 10 days to go, here's an (incomplete) list of things I'm looking forward to:
  • Not having to kill at least one thumb-sized cockroach a night
  • Not squatting
  • No more itching after receiving 20 consecutive mosquito bites on my ankles
  • Clean clothes, instead of clothes that smell of chinese tide after having been washed in the river
  • Not being drenched in sweat for 98% of the time
  • French cheese
  • No one yelling in my ear as they speak to someone else
  • Personal space
  • Drinking out of the tap
  • Knowing how much something really costs
  • No more very bizzare and outsized insects landing on me
  • My music collection
  • 24 hour electricity
  • Cold, cold beer
  • Sleeping on a soft bed instead of a wooden plank with a thin lining
  • Hot water all the time, with real water pressure. And in a separate shower stall instead of having a nozzle over the toilet
  • A nice glass of wine
  • A big steak
  • A dry fart

Things I'm not looking forward to:
  • The morning commute
  • $3 coffees
  • Fox news
  • Missing travelling

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amigo,

This is the last time for many many years you will be able to start a post with


"I've always found the last 2 weeks of travel to be the hardest"

ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

Cheap Bastard NYC Esq.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Gautam Mishra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home