May 17, 2006

Rough Travel Plans

I keep getting the following two questions:

1. Where are you going for the summer?
2. Who are you going with?

Well. I don't have exact plans right now. The basics are that I fly into Bangkok on saturday. Alone. And then I fly out of Hong Kong to San Francisco on August 1st. Alone.

However, along the way, I'll be seeing some good friends. After a good night's sleep in Bangkok, I will leave for Nepal and Tibet, where I will meet up with my best buddy Sunset Shazz. I anticipate plenty of ridiculous moments. We have vague plans to meet up in the middle of Kathmandu a few hours after I land. Luckily, we have a backup plan.

Following my enlightenment in Nepal/Tibet, I plan to go to Burma, Indonesia (where I hope to find my Giant South Indian Friend), and finally Southern China. I also had a skype call with SH a week ago in which we concluded "well, you're going to china and I might do so, too! Ok, let's meet up somewhere." So we have plans.

Finally, at the end of my trip, I have plans to meet up with my good ol' buddy JK in Canton. As he described himself, he'll be that "obviously confused American on the corner." That's the extent of our plans to meet up. If we should manage to meet up, it promises to be a week filled with Dim Sum, Seinfeld references, and a whole lotta cantonese people. Good times!

Let me know if you're around. We can make some fittingly solid plans to grab a beverage somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home