August 23, 2005

The Cafe Life

I ended up spending three blissful days in Zagreb. The clouds eventually cleared and suddenly the streets were swarming with some of the most beautiful women Europe has to offer. I spent my time sipping coffee and other libations in a number of cafes, migrating with the sun and with the crowds, pretending to read an awful translation of the Three Musketeers. Fantastic. This city has been given a miss by most tourists, probably due to its lack of tourist monuments, so it is an exceptional means to see Croatians do what they do. An added bonus is that prices are still attractive, the weather - when it behaves - is temperate, and the food is tasty. In fact, I had one of the best mushroom pizzas of my life at small, packed restaurant in old-town.

Top three things Zagrebians love to do:
  1. Sit in Cafes and watch each other.
  2. Eat bbq'ed or boiled Corn on the Cob (it's on sale everywhere!)
  3. Be Beautiful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home